Recruit Smart prides itself on providing recruitment and consulting expertise to exceed client and candidate requirements.
Clients utilise our services to source candidates for specific tasks and roles. Candidates may approach us and provide information with the expectation we will retain that information in relation to present or future employment opportunities or the provision of services.
We are committed to ensuring both the privacy of personal information and compliance with our legislative obligations as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 as amended in Privacy Amendment (Private sector) Act 2000.
What is Personal and Sensitive Information
Personal information is any information or an opinion about you. It may range from everyday (e.g. name, address and phone number) to very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition).
In relation to our business it may include your work history, education, career objectives, and remuneration expectations.
It may also include the opinions of others about your work performance, your work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in relation to the provision of our business services.
Sensitive information is information or opinion about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, membership of a political association or religious beliefs, affiliations or philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record and health or disability (at any time). This type of information is only collected in accordance with relevant Privacy Legislation.
Collection of Personal and Sensitive Information
Clients and Candidates may approach us and provide information with the expectation we will retain that information in consideration for present or future employment opportunities and provision of services.
Information will be collected when
• you submit your information to us either electronically or in paper form,
• during an interview with our consultants,
• we receive any reference about you,
• we receive results of inquiries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body,
• we receive the results of any competency or medical test,
• we receive feedback on your performance,
• we receive any complaint from or about you in the workplace,
• we receive any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved,
• we receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved,
• you provide Superannuation, Tax File Number or Bank account details or other employment related information, and/or
• you provide us with any additional information about yourself.
Client information provided is treated as ‘commercial-in-confidence’ .
YOUR PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION MAY BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH:
• your actual or possible placement in a contract, casual or permanent job,
• your performance appraisals,
• our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects,
• any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo,
• any workplace rehabilitation,
• our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved,
• any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information, and/or
• general communication between our organisation and yourself.
If you choose not to provide us the information we seek we may be limited in our ability to provide you with our services.
YOUR PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED TO:
• our clients (potential employers ) with your consent,
• our associated companies and subsidiaries,
• our insurers,
• a professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information,
• a Workers Compensation body, and/or
• any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
We strive to safeguard and protect from access by unauthorized individuals, personal information collected from candidates when they first register with us, when we evaluate their skills, when we match them to again client requirements.
Similar controls are extended to employees or contractors and client information.
Information collected by us will not be sold, rented or licensed to anyone else. When the information is no longer of use to us, we will destroy it in a manner that protects the privacy of the individual.
Personal information held by us is available for review by the individual in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act. Candidate information may be amended or deleted from our database at any time.
We strive to protect data transmitted to us over the Internet but because such transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, we do not warrant the security of personal information transmitted in this way, but we will make every effort to make it secure on our own systems.
Our website can be accessed without the need to disclose any information about yourself, we do however gather anonymous aggregate data regarding number of visitors to our site, areas and services accessed as part of our business operations.
The Privacy Act sets out your rights to have access to personal and sensitive information about you that we hold.
We are entitled to and will impose a charge for providing access to personal or sensitive information. We will not charge you simply because you lodge a request for access.
If you wish to exercise this right, please contact our Privacy Coordinator whose contact details are:
Level 1, 28 Greenhill Road WAYVILLE SA Ph (08) 274 2105