Sheaoak Log, SA, 5371
Full Time – Permanent
We are seeking an experienced and proactive Mechanical Draftsperson to join the Ahrens Rural Team, located at Kingsford (near Gawler) on a permanent fulltime basis.
Ahrens Rural product range includes but limited to field bins, portable silos, site constructed silos, speciality grain storage and handling equipment range and rural sheds.
As the Mechanical Draftsperson, you will report to the Senior Drafter providing 3D modelling, drafting and productions drawings for silos, mechanical and other services works as directed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Developing detailed 3D models, drawings and specifications for mechanical and structural construction using Autodesk Inventor (Standard and Sheet Metal);
- Preparing accurate high quality AutoCAD 2D drawings;
- Measuring components accurately in shop and converting to drawings;
- Liaising with the client and other team members to provide solutions to ensure the overall design objective is achieved;
- Creating instructions and additional comments for the installation and construction of the design;
- Make modifications and revise design to correct any deficiencies in accordance with established processes and design review criteria;
- Assisting in estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements; and
- Completing design and drafting work in accordance with Australian Standards particularly AS1100.
Requirements of the role will include:
- Formal qualifications in mechanical drafting or equivalent experience in a similar role;
- Advanced Inventor skills with minimum 5 years’ experience with Autodesk Inventor;
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D drafting;
- In-depth knowledge of Autodesk Vault including setup and ongoing drawing management;
- Strong problem-solving skills and solutions focused;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- A good level of self-organisational skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proven capacity to provide high level of detail and accuracy.
You will be an out-of-the-box thinker with a focus on continuous improvement with a key focus on accuracy.
Further enquiries can be directed to Natalie Morgan on 08 8521 0084. To apply, click ‘APPLY FOR THIS JOB’ button to send us your application.
Ahrens Group is an Equal Opportunity employer who recognises the value in a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to promote an inclusive workplace and encourage applications from woman and Indigenous people.