Location: Kingsford, SA, 5118
Employee Type: Full Time – Permanent
Ahrens is a fifth-generation South Australian family-owned business. Ahrens currently employs almost 1000 people nationally, and this number continues to increase as we experience further significant growth through-out all of our divisions. We are proud to say each of our divisions are leaders of their industry. Our leading divisions consist of construction, engineering, rural infrastructure, water storage, electrical and mining services.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Site Manager to join our successful D&C team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring each construction project is delivered in accordance with the drawings and specifications, and the quality described in the contract documents is met, consistent with the client requirements.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Assist the Project Manager in the formulation of overall work program and programs for each section of the work to be completed;
- Participate in reviewing the program on a weekly basis with the Project Manager;
- Ensure all aspects of the site and work to be completed is consistent with the agreed Project Safety Plan;
- Carry out site safety inductions for all employees and sub-contractors;
- Initiate, control and check at regular intervals, all set outs whether carried out by Ahrens staff or subcontractors.
- Maintain all survey, set out points and reduced level markers for the duration of the project;
- Ensure materials are ordered and sequenced in a way as not to have the material stored on site for excessive periods;
- Ensure the quality of workmanship and materials supplied by subcontractors meet the requirements of the. contract documents.
- Trade background;
- BSA Supervisors Licence;
- Current drivers licence;
- Senior first aid certificate;
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/plans and specifications.
- Experience in construction and scheduling
- Basic Computer Competencies in outlook, word, excel and project
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
At Ahrens our culture is about working together to get the job done, about being accountable and acting with integrity. We focus on innovation and efficiently and reward those who passionately work toward realising our vision
To apply click the “Apply Now” to submit your resume and cover letter, further enquiries can be directed to Natalie Morgan, HR Coordinator on 08 8521 0084.
Ahrens Group is an Equal Opportunity employer who recognises the value in a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to promote an inclusive workplace and encourage applications from woman and Indigenous people.