SA – Work Health & Safety Officer, Australia
Kingsford, SA, 5118
Full Time – Permanent
Phil Poole – General Manager HSQE & People
08 8521 0025
Ahrens is a fifth-generation South Australian family-owned business. Ahrens currently employs almost 1000 people nationally, and this number continues to increase as we experience further significant growth through-out all of our divisions. We are proud to say each of our divisions are leaders of their industry. Our leading divisions consist of construction, engineering, rural infrastructure, water storage, electrical and mining services.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Work Health and Safety Officer who will provide support in the management of the HSQE activities, provide continuous advice and support to managers, supervisors and employees to ensure that operations are conducted in accordance with the requirements of the HSQE Management System and integrate HSQE into the organisational culture.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
· Work with the Group HSQE team to maintain and control the company HSQE Management Systems;
· Ensure processes and procedures across the Group are relevant and complete, underpin efficient operation, and are standardised where appropriate;
· Ensure accurate records, training certificates, inspection reports and other documents are readily available on request;
· Coordinate internal auditing of operations from a HSQE perspective;
· Assist in project pre-planning to ensure project procedures and specifications reflect WHS and environmental factors;
· Maintain safety and general noticeboards;
· Support operation teams with HSQE activities and initiatives on permanent and temporary sites;
· Ensure health, safety and environment information and records are entered and appropriately filed on company electronic databases and systems;
· Support the development and implementation of new HSQE programs and training initiatives.
Skills & Experience:
· Cert IV in Workplace Health and Safety;
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
· General Knowledge of Systems, Procedures and Document Control principles;
· Prior experience in Incident Investigations;
· Effective written and oral communication skills including skills in negotiating, developing and managing cooperative working relationships;
· Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel;
· Flexibility to travel and visit project sites and Ahrens Divisions across Australia if required;
· Current driver’s licence.;
· Experience in a similar position in Manufacturing or Construction will be highly regarded.
How to apply:
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a permanent, full-time position and a great opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment, where they will be able to make a positive contribution to the company’s continued success.
The Ahrens Group is an Equal Opportunity employer who recognises the value in a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to promote an inclusive workplace and encourage applications from people of all genders and people from indigenous backgrounds.
To apply click the “Apply Now” to submit your updated resume and cover letter, further enquiries can be directed to Phil Poole , General Manager HSQE & People on 08 8521 0025.