General Manager – Sheds, Australia
Full Time – Permanent
Contact Name: Tamara Houben – Senior HR Coordinator
Contact Phone: 08 8521 0064
Contact Email: email@example.com
Ahrens is a fifth-generation South Australian family-owned business. The Ahrens Group currently employs almost 1000 people nationally, and this number continues to increase as we experience further significant growth through-out all of our divisions. We are proud to say each of our divisions are leaders of their industry. Our leading divisions consist of construction, engineering, rural infrastructure, water storage, electrical and mining services.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced and hands on General Manager to support the directions and strategies of our Sheds division – and to lead the division to meet its sales targets as well as clients’ expectations. Reporting to the Managing Director of the Ahrens Group, the scope of this role covers all areas associated with the General Management, including people management, financial tracking and reporting on organisational objectives and outcomes.
With operations in Kingsford, SA, Northam, WA and various other locations around Australia – the base location of this role is flexible to suit the incumbent. The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to lead our Sheds business and contribute to the strategic vision of the company.
Key Responsibilities of this role include:
- In collaboration with the Managing Director and Group General Manager Silos, develop and implement the business direction and strategies for the national Shed Division.
- Identify new markets and products that complement existing product lines.
- Work with our team to develop business plans, forecasts, income and expense projections, targets, and budgets.
- Review production facilities and develop, expand or integrate as necessary.
- Provide the leadership, resources and direction to the Shed workforce so they can accomplish the Division’s objectives and targets.
- Build a competent and motivated workforce and a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Manage the performance of employees through coaching, training, counselling, reward and recognition, and ensure key employees are retained.
- Closely monitor production efficiencies, expenditure against budget, and cash flow and address variances promptly.
- Review and develop financial and operational reporting to ensure accuracy, completeness and relevance.
- Work with the various managers and supervisors to ensure uniformity of products and production processes.
- Monitor sales, business development and marketing across the group.
- Oversee the development and management of dealership and distribution networks and our shed erection network.
- Negotiate cost, terms, and financing arrangements when necessary with suppliers.
- Work with Finance and Group Procurement staff to manage currency/exchange risk.
- Monitor design, estimating and detailing, production and construction activities, ensuring staff pay attention to the “buildability” of projects during the design phase, their cost effectiveness, and the project delivery schedule.
- Ensure projects are completed according to contract, plans and specifications, within budget and timeline, and clients’ expectations are ultimately met.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience in a management role in the shed industry.
- Well-developed understanding of the shed market across Australia.
- Results oriented and excellent business acumen.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with direct reports.
- Strong client focus; dedicated to meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Team player and the ability to engender a team spirit.
- A leadership style which inspires others to extend themselves beyond their current limits.
- Ability to analyse information, pinpoint problems, and suggest corrective actions.
- Ability to know when to stand back and monitor others and when to get involved.
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Exceptional time management skills.
Successful candidates will be rewarded with an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment, where they will be able to make a positive contribution to the company’s continued success.
Ahrens is an Equal Opportunity employer who recognises the value of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to promoting an inclusive workplace and we encourage applications from all genders and people of Indigenous backgrounds.
To apply click the “Apply Now” to submit your updated resume and cover letter, further enquiries can be directed to Tamara Houben, Senior HR Coordinator on 08 8521 0064.