South Australia Police
Job reference: 464598
Location: 5000 – ADELAIDE
Job status: Long Term Contract
Eligibility: Open to Everyone
AFL SportsReady, on behalf of the Government of South Australia as part of the Skilling SA Public Sector Project, are now recruiting for a Graduate Intelligence Support Officer. The successful candidate will be employed by SAPOL while undertaking a Cert IV in Project Management.
Visit the I Work For SA website to learn more about opportunities for trainees, apprentices and university graduates in the SA Public Sector.
About the Employer:
South Australia Police (SAPOL) provides a diverse range of services to the community. These services are aimed at producing a safe and peaceful environment by the minimisation of crime and disorder. It is a large complex organisation which, because of the nature of its operations, is constantly subject to public scrutiny and accountability. It provides services to a range of different locations spread across the State on a 24 hour a day basis.
SAPOL’s vision is to provide a visible, responsive police service for all South Australians. All SAPOL employees are guided by Our Values of Service, Integrity, Courage, Leadership, Collaboration and Respect. SAPOL is an organisation with a proud history and an exciting vision for the future.
About the Opportunity:
The Metropolitan Operations Service have an opportunity for a Graduate Officer to join their team on a 12 month, fixed-term contract. The Graduate Officer is a multi-skilled administration position accountable to the District Administration Manager and has close working relationship with managers responsible for individual portfolios. The incumbent is responsible for undertaking a range of administrative and business related activities, ensuring a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided and maintained.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Sound communication skills and ability to liaise with a diverse range of people verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven ability to provide quality customer service.
- Excellent organisation and time management.
- The ability to meet deadlines and prioritise demanding workloads and high volumes of work.
- An ability to work independently under limited direction and also as part of a multi-skilled team.
- Ability to problem solve and undertake minor research tasks as delegated.
- A high level of personal integrity and credibility and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to undertake a fully funded Certificate IV in Project Management (BSB40920)
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business Administration, Business Management or related discipline attained within the last three years or will obtain before employment commences.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent and related software applications.
- Experience in drafting correspondence, minute taking and compiling minor reports.
- Knowledge of purchasing and procurement, auditing, facilities and asset management.
- Knowledge of the principles of Equity and Diversity requirements.
- Demonstrated (descriptor) knowledge and commitment to WH&S legislation, principles and practices; and risk assessment in accordance with the WH&S Act (2012), Regulation, approved codes of practice and AS/NZS ISO 31000:2018 Risk Management – Principles and Guidelines.
ASO2 – $55,315 – $59,503 per annum
Australian residency or current work permit is required (responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of a current work permit)
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening. Some out of hours work may be required.
May be required to travel interstate/intrastate as directed.
Participate in the South Australian Police (SAPOL) Individual Performance program.
Abide by the Code of Ethics for the South Australian Public Sector.
Ph: (03) 8413 3500
For further information about the role, eligibility and the application process, please visit https://aflsportsready.com.au/jobs-board/aso2-graduate-administrative-assistant/
Applications close: 03/12/2021 5:00 PM
– Graduate -Job Application Guideline.pdf
– PID ASO2 Graduate Officer MOS.pdf
– RF2099 – Pre-Employment Dec.pdf
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.