Logistics Support Analyst
Location: Reynella, Australia
Company: Accolade Wines
Enrich Your Everyday
At Accolade Wines, our purpose is to enrich everyday moments through our amazing wine brands. It goes without saying that everything we do as an organisation and as individuals is in service of fulfilling this purpose.
As one of the world’s leading wine companies, our award-winning portfolio includes loved brands such as Hardys, Grant Burge, St Hallett, House of Arras, Petaluma, Banrock Station, Mud House, Jam Shed, Tatachilla, Brookland Valley and many more.
The driving force behind our business is our people, their expertise, their passion and their professionalism. With over 1,400 dedicated employees in Australia, the UK, Europe, Asia, South Africa, New Zealand and North and South America, it is our teamwork that sets us apart.
Support the logistics and warehousing team by providing analysis and reporting of warehousing, inventory and freight activities to facilitate decisions to best optimise the Accolade Wines network. Invoice analysis to direct spend to the correct GL accounts and assist with month end activities including accurate accrual of expected costs incurred.
Cost modelling of activities to allow informed decisions and deliver value creation.
Your Key Accountabilities
• Analysis of 3PL warehousing invoices for accuracy against agreed rates and direct spend to the relevant GL accounts
• Provide analysis of trends in spend with 3PL Warehousing partners to enable sound decision making and identify areas for value creation.
• Assist with all month end activities including; accruals of expected 3PL warehouse spend against the relevant GL accounts; analysis of spend to identify potential issues and highlight areas of increased spend.
• Provide cost modelling for continuous improvement activities and major supply chain projects
• Identify and resolve errors/issues in JDE relating to customer invoicing.
• Monitor and assist with clearing of issues relating to the in-transit freight account.
Other Accountabilities Include
• Support in delivery of relevant business metrics and reports as required by stakeholders
• Support the Transport Manager with reporting and analysis as required
• Support the Inventory Controller with stock takes at 3PL warehouses and co-pack facilities.
• Perform analytics in the annual budget process in conjunction with Finance
• Ensure safe systems of work
• Undertake other duties as required
Your Knowledge and Skills
• Advanced MS Excel capabilities
• Knowledge of JD Edwards (preferred)
• Functional knowledge of Warehousing & Logistics
• Ability to analyse and solve problems
• Awareness of lean principles
• Commercially astute
• Financial acumen
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Highly analytical with well-developed problem-solving skills
• Able to develop analytics, supporting recommendations for decisions
• Task focussed
• Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively within a team
• Strong project and time management skills
• Experience associated with 3-5 years financial analytic role within a warehousing and distribution environment
• Advanced capability with Excel and MS Office packages and ERP – prefer JDE
• Bachelor’s degree or certificate in a financial role
• Driver’s licence
Physical and Other Requirements
• Predominantly office-based work
• Some local and intrastate travel may be required
Our Company Values